Vermont Primary School is proud to offer a large range of extra curricular activities that enhance student engagement by heightening student involvement and interest in educational activities. These programs are designed to develop and extend student experiences and are in addition to normal classroom learning activities. Many of the activities are conducted during lunchtime, whilst others are timetabled during school learning hours.Lunchtime Activities
Performing Arts Activities
- Indoor Games & Lego – available to all students once a week.
- Tennis – a weekly activity for all students on a user pays basis.
- Chess Club – a weekly activity for all students on a user pays basis.
- Garden Club – all students may engage in this program once a week.
- Extended hours of library borrowing – for all students and preschool students.
Visual Arts Activities
- Orchestra – students and staff members who possess required musical skills rehearse twice weekly with frequent public performances throughout the year.
- Choir – all students practise once a week with performances during the year.
- Instrumental Music Lessons – an extensive program available for all students, on a user pays basis, once a week. Lessons are offered in flute, clarinet, violin, guitar, piano, keyboard and saxophone.
- Dance Club – is held once a week during lunchtime, for Years 5 and 6 students with an audition process and public performances
- Visual Arts after hours classes – drawing and ceramics are offered three nights per week after school on a user pays basis.
- Visual Arts displays at public places such as shopping centres – open to all students. Suitable applicants are selected by Visual Arts teachers.
- Visual Arts Competitions – open to all students eg: Strathdon Art Show, EPA Calendar, National Water Week Art Competition.